Deadline for abstract submission extended to 8 March
This year at UP!, there is the opportunity for students to showcase their own project work in the student poster competition. This competition requires entrants to summarise their technical, research or production based project in the form of an A1 size poster. Projects must be individual, rather than group based projects.
PLEASE NOTE – YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR THE CONFERENCE TO ENTER THE COMPETITION.
There are 3 categories of entry:
- Further Education projects, open to any students on an FE course (may be either a technical or a creative project)
- Higher education (Technical) projects – open to undergraduate students whose project focuses on technical development or scientific research in audio.
- Higher education (Creative) projects – open to undergraduate students whose project focuses on creative practice or creative research in audio.
You are required to submit a 100 word abstract of your poster using the template provided (see bottom of page). This should be emailed as an attachment to: south ‘at’ aes-uk.org
Submission of posters is open from 9am on Friday 20th January, and closes at 6pm on Wednesday 8th March. There are a limited number of spaces in each category. Submissions are accepted on a first come-first served basis, and if all spaces are taken, submissions may be closed before the 1st March, so early submission is advised
More information can be found on the submission guidelines document at the bottom of the page.
You must be eligible to attend the UP Your Output conference to submit (see registration page for details).
- This competition is open to undergraduate students (including those registered on HNC, HND, DipHE, FdA, FdSc, BSc, BA, BMus, BEng and Meng) and students in Further Education (A level/BTEC/IBacc etc).
- Students on Diploma courses such as those offered at SAE, Abbey Road Institute, BIMM etc are also eligible.
- Recent graduates (graduated summer 2015/16), including those currently studying on Master’s awards, are eligible to submit posters based on their undergraduate projects.
- AES UK runs a separate postgraduate competition each year for MSc/MA and PhD students, and so students are not eligible to submit projects based on postgraduate study.
Prizes include plugin packs from our sponsors iZotope, Acustica, Solid State Logic and books from Focal Press
Submission Templates and guidelines – Click to download:
Abstract submission template (Fillable PDF)
Abstract submission template (MS Word)